Leukemia cancer is a form of cancer is generally formed in the blood-forming tissues such as bone marrow which is present in the central cavities of bones.
The bone marrow produces all types of blood cells: cells that fight infection, and platelets that help the blood clot and red blood cells that carry oxygen and other materials and the tissues of the body, white blood.
Billions of new blood cells are produced in the bone marrow every day, providing the body with a constant supply of fresh, healthy cells.
While in the patients suffering from leukemia cancer, the white blood cells produced in the bone marrow do not mature normally.
What are the types of Leukemia?
Some of the main types of leukemia are lymphocytic and myelogenous & each type has an acute (rapidly progressing) and a chronic (slowly progressing) form.
Acute leukemia mainly affects cells that are immature, or not fully developed, preventing them from maturing and functioning normally and the ‘’Chronic leukemia’’ develops slowly, the body still has some healthy cells available to fight infection during this stage.
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia (AML) – This type of acute myeloid leukemia is the most common type of leukemia in adults, although it also can occur in children.
- Chronic Myeloid Leukemia (CML) –This kind of cancer originates from the presence of a genetic abnormality in blood cells, called the Philadelphia chromosome, and progresses through distinct phases.
- Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia (ALL) –this is the most common type of leukemia in young children in developed countries, but it also affects adults, especially those ages 60 and older, and it starts in the inner part of the bones, known as bone marrow, but often moves quickly into the blood.
- Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia (CLL) -Chronic lymphocytic leukemia usually gets worse slowly and it is the 2nd most common form of leukemia in adults and rarely occurs in children. More than half of people diagnosed with CLL are older than 70, and cases rarely occur in individuals younger than forty.
Advantages of Leukemia Cancer Treatment in India
- One of the biggest advantages for Leukemia cancer treatment in India is of cost; cost in India is very low as compared to the other countries like UK and USA.
- The 2nd advantage you have in India is easily process of getting a visa; as Government of India has given relaxation in the visa process.
- The 3rd advantage have in India is that in India all the doctors and surgeons are qualified and experienced.
- In India, all the hospital, where Leukemia cancer has done is equipped with advanced technology & equipment
Cost of Leukemia Treatment in India
The cost of Leukemia cancer treatment in India can be around $6000-9000. The cost will be very low as compared to the other developed countries.