Apollo Hospitals, Greams Road, Chennai
Cancer Treatment, Organ Transplant, Surgeries, Transplants, Dental Treatments etc.
Established in 1983. One of the best hospitals for heart care in India. First Indian hospital to introduce techniques in coronary angioplasty, stereotactic radiotherapy and radio-surgery (for brain tumors). First Indian hospital to be awarded the
- Established in 1983.
- One of the best hospitals for heart care in India.
- First Indian hospital to introduce techniques in coronary angioplasty, stereotactic radiotherapy and radio-surgery (for brain tumours).
- Major specialty includes Heart, Cancer, Bones, Joints & Spine, Organ Transplants, Neurology, Gastro & Colorectal, Bariatric Surgery, Gynaecology & Infertility and Ophthalmology.
- First Indian hospital to be awarded the IS0 9001 and ISO 14001 certifications.
- First hospital in South India to be accredited by the Joint Commission International USA and subsequently reaccredited 4 times.
- Declared as the 'Centre of Excellence' by the Government of India.
- Voted several times as the "Best Private Sector Hospital in India" by The Week magazine.
- Bagged the top 2 positions in the All India Multispecialty Hospital Survey 2016 conducted by Times Health.
- NABH and JCI Accredited
Team and Specialities
- The hospital houses 60 departments spearheaded by internationally trained and skillful medical experts.
- For the first time in India, 'Only Pancreas' transplant was successfully performed in Apollo Hospital.
- The hospital has also successfully performed Asia’s first en-bloc combined heart & liver transplant attaining a remarkable achievement in the global healthcare space.
- Receives over 10,000 pharmacy walk-ins, 2200 admissions, and over 3000 emergency cases daily.
- Doctors and staff perform numerous services including 800 CT scans, 400 MRIs, 40 Cardiac Surgeries, 700 Dialysis procedures, and 3-4 organ transplants per day.